12.2.10

Bienvenue!

Bievenue a ma maison! J'ai pense que je devrais vous donner un petit tour d'ou nous habitons.
Welcome to my home! I thought I would give you all a mini tour of the place I call home. It is not complete, but during the upcoming days you will get to see everything that I am falling in love with here in France.


This is the view from outside our kitchen window. The kitchen is located in the front of the house, so, these are the neighbours across the street. Disez 'Bonjour'!

These are the stairs in the main hallway...

...and a view of the Dining Room from the kitchen. The art you see in all these pictures is done by John, my French father. He is truly talented.

This is the most perfect little kitchen! Everything is white except for these extraordinary splashes of east Indian inspired colour. It makes eating and cooking even more wonderful!

This is a view of the living room from its far corner. You have to go down 3 steps to ground level to get to it and on the wall opposite to where you see the beautiful paintings is a large sliding glass door that takes up the whole wall.
See? 

-And this is Pinpin. Not p-IN as in "Inn", but Pin as in p-EH-ng. Like lapin, the french word for rabit from which he gets his name. We have other pets who you will be introduced to in the near future.

Yesterday I went to my Grand-père and Grand-mère for le dejeuner or lunch. It was truly lovely! I really am going to love having Grandparents just around the corner. Then later on, John and I talked for hours- what a super conversation we had! And then I finally got to meet Guillaume- Solenne's boyfriend! He is so kind and I can see why Solenne missed him so much while she was in Canada. He is so sweet to her. Before dinner John and I played music while Solenne and Guillaume danced and after dinner Sabine, John, and I listened to music, had great conversation and looked at different contemporary artists and their abstract thoughts put onto canvas. I am thoroughly inspired. So, Aurevoir, Canada- time to go create.


3 comments:

  1. oh good, you have left comments on! i got two minutes before the day is over, to wish you happy sweet seventeen! it's perhaps a terrible thing to wish, but i wish for you that a part of you expands beyond our small city, our province and country--of course i want for you far more than just a linguistic adventure. and having your birthday in france--well! i hope it was a perfect day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    love your blog! i'll be checking in for new content every now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haleigh, je te souhaite une bonne anniversaire, un peu tard malheureusement. Paul a aussi son anniversaire le 15 fevrier.

    I'll keep checking up on you, your Mom is coming for a massage tomorrow. Aren't exchange programs the best thing ever invented? And you can do this through university and beyond! Mine were Quebec (summer of grade 9; Finland, school year between grades 12 and 13; Trois-Rivieres, 3rd year university.
    Enjoy!
    Love Beth (and Paul)

    ReplyDelete