17.2.10

Home Again, Home Again...

After 3 days of skiing, we are all, officially, kaput!

Skiing in Europe is very different from skiing in North America. The runs are a lot longer, and everyone- and I mean from the oldest Grandma to the tinniest toddler- is a skiing expert. The way these people can maneuver and glide over powdered hills or gracefully fly down steep inclines is truly inspiring. There is a part of me that wishes I could train like that everyday to be half that skilled.

We had a marvelous trip! I will never forget the good laughs, incredible scenery, seeing the Alpes for the first time (!!), falling more times than I can count, and flying off my first ski jump. I think that is my favourite part of skiing: jumping. You get the rush of speed before you hit the jump, and then zoom! You're in the air, flying for a few moments until you absorb the ground through first your toes and then the rest of your body. It's a great natural high! 

Enough talking! This is us skiing:

In order: Guillaume (Solenne's boyfriend), Solenne, and me!
Isn't the landscape breathtaking?


Us waiting for a lift. I am on my bum, as usual.




Solenne, Guillaume, Me, & Sebastien


Me and Sabine.



When we were not on the slopes, we were back in the apartment, eating, laughing, sleeping, swimming, reading, discussing philosophy, buying cheese, wine and bread - anything and everything French!


When swimming in public pools in France, you have to wear a swim cap...aye.










Thank you to Sabine, John, Guillaume, Solenne, Sebastien, Anne-Marie, and Gerard for an incredible trip!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Haleigh Haleigh Haleigh - reading your blog is so great - I can just feel your excitement through your words describing everything. How fun this will be. Oh and I just love those sexy bathing caps (you could look beautiful in anything Haleigh!!!). Well Haleigh, you just keep soaking up everything, as I know you will, and I will enjoy reading more of your adventures.
    Carolyn W.

    ReplyDelete