11.2.10

Bonjour Canada!

So I am finally here! It's almost noon here and lightly snowing out my bedroom window. Almost everything in Europe is old and beautiful! Even the small details on their street lamps is a testimony to the pride, respect, and appreciation that Europeans hold for things that bring beauty and joy to their lives.
My arrival was none to quick and after 30 hours of traveling, I was welcomed off the train right into Sabine's arms (my French maman) and then immediately by John (my French Father) and then finally Solenne- despite the fact that I was in dire need of a shower. I have never felt so welcomed by 2 people I have never met in person before. 
This is Solenne with the red bag waiting at the train station with some other French exchange partners
This is my Train entering the Besancon station.
This is me hauling my heavy luggage off the train.
Although in my excitement- and relief- I sort of fell off the train...
Meeting Sabine

Meeting John
Mauling Solenne


Then once at home, just before dinner, we exchanged gifts. John is really enjoying his new scarf...

...maybe too much...haha.
Me with my new mitts and scarf. 
Everyone (except the camera woman, Sabine) in their new gear. Solenne's sweater was perfect! I love Christmas in February.

Now here are two photos of my room!

Isn't it lovely!? I will post more photos as they come, but for now, Aurevoir, Canada- it's lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment